Our Family Fun events are a great opportunity for families to spend quality time together, having fun with arts and craft activities based around some of the fantastic objects in our collection. The sessions take place on a Saturday once a month, from 2.00pm to 4.30pm and cost £1.50 per child. Please note children must be accompanied by an adult.
Our October Family Fun event is taking place at Walton Playhouse, Hurst Grove, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 1AU. The November and December Family Fun workshops will be held at Walton Library, 54 The Heart, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 1GH.
Family Fun events 2017
- Watery World - Saturday 4 February
Water is one of life's essentials. Explore how people have used and enjoyed water throughout Elmbridge's past. Experiment with watery crafts and create a floating raft.
- Cracking Coding - Saturday 22 April
Learn about the fascinating life of Ada Lovelace, the world's first computer programmer and a resident of Elmbridge. Get creative to crack codes and make your own abacus.
- Home Sweet Home - Saturday 13 May
Travel back in time to the homes of the past. Beat the carpets like a Victorian, make Tudor sweets and learn how stone age people used tools to hunt and prepare food.
- Digging up the Past - Saturday 22 July
Become an archaeologist, learn about what has been discovered in your local area with object handling - a mini-dig and more!
- Elmbridge Museum at Play Day - Wednesday 2 August - Hurst Park, East Molesey KT8 9AL - 12pm to 4pm
Free activities and games themed on local history.
- What the Romans brought to Britain - Saturday 5 August
Learn about the changes the Romans brought to Britain and about the life of centurions. Make Roman-themed craft activities.
- Re-Writing History - September 2 September
Learn about the history of writing, experiment with Roman ink and design your own seal and stamps.
- Shake your Noise Maker - Saturday 7 October
Discover the noisy objects in the museum's collection and create your very own noise maker.
- Historic Hats - Saturday 4 November, Walton Library
Explore the diverse range of hats in Elmbridge Museum's collection and the stories they tell, then create your own.
- Crafty Christmas - Saturday 2 December, Walton Library
Make your own Victorian Christmas cards and decorations and learn how they transformed the way we celebrate Christmas today.